More About Scented Soy Candles
By Ikedi Ani-Okoye
The History of scented soy candles
Soy candles are made by using soy wax, soy wax is basically a hydrogenated soybean oil. The use of Soy wax came about in 1992 by Michael Richards who want a more cost effective substance to beeswax, which was usual wax used for candles. When Michael became involved with the candle business he found there was an increasing desire for candle wax that was more natural.
Soy wax is commonly mixed with different fragrances which produces scented soy candles. The Scented soy candles can usually be bought in supermarkets and other specialized stores they can also be purchased online. Another thing you can do is make scented soy candles, which many people find extremely rewarding.
Here are two benefits to using Soy candles
Soy candles don't cost much
Soy candles can be bought more cheaply - Beeswax is a better natural substitute to paraffin, the problem is if you want the same benefits as a soy-based candle, it is likely to cost much more. So Soy wax is a great substitute for paraffin wax and is cheaper. Another good thing about Soy wax is that it is made using a renewable source which can only be a positive thing.
Soy candles are environmentally friendly
Soy wax is totally natural - Soy wax is also a favorite choice for people that are concerned with the environment as it is not made from using petroleum, in the same way that paraffin candles are. What this means is that soy candles will not increase the CO2 level in the atmosphere.
Soy Candles and Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy has been in use for a very long. Aromatherapy is basically the use of essential oils that are extracted from specific aromatic plants and their general purpose is to improve health and beauty.
The oils extracted from the aromatic plants are usually used to make scented soy candles. Adding oils is one of the things you can look forward to when making scented soy candles for yourself. These aromatic oils are made using alcohols, aldehydes, phenols, ketones, terpenes, sesquiterpenes, ethers and esters.
The smells that are released by scented soy candles have an effect on how you feel. Burning scented soy candles can have specific positive effects on your mind and body. A common scented soy candle is on mixed with lavender oil which is known to add to the alpha waves in your brain, which are responsible for making you relaxed.
Below are five scented candle types and there effects:
* Basil this increases alertness, concentration and will give the user a positive attitude. The Basil scent is used to stimulate your nervous system, and can be responsible for aiding migraines and helping with digestion.
* Eucalyptus is for relieving chest problems such as asthma, coughs, sinusitis, pneumonia and bronchitis. Eucalyptus is also a good remedy for the treatment of rheumatism and arthritis. The eucalyptus is also known as a good insects repellent.
* Jasmine is probably the most uplifting essential oil. The scent from Jasmine is extremely relaxing and is a good anti depressant and is very good for calming tension. The Jasmine scent improves your alertness, will build energy and assist in activating the immune system.
* Lavender is a popular scent that can help to give soothing relief to headaches, insomnia and may be used if you have problems with anxiety, depression and motion sickness.
* Lemon is also a good scent used for its stimulating effect. In Japan they use lemon as a scent to improve the productivity of their workers. So next time you need to concentrate or study burning a lemon scented soy candle may help! The lemon scent is also a good insect repellent.
As well as Soy candles having all these beneficial qualities they also last longer than paraffin candles. They can two longer than paraffin candles. Another great benefit is if a soy candle spills you can easily clean it up with hot soapy water.
For more information about scented soy candles check my site CLICK HERE
Ikedi's a specialist in research, has a Law degree, expert in giving advise. Writes clear articles that anybody can read and understand. He writes on a number of issues ranging from designer Jeans to On-line business strategies. Ikedi loves playing soccer and has played semi-professional soccer.